Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Training Program
EVITP Certification Class
Certifications & Standards:
Upon completing the course instructions and passing the exam (combined 20 hours), electricians may be confirmed as EVITP certified by utilizing the " Certification Check" button on the EVITP website homepage. To be eligible for EVITP Certification, you must also provide documentation of a minimum of 8,000 hours of hands-on electrical construction experience. The JATC can provide documentation for those who graduated from the Inside Program. This isn't required until AFTER the course is complete.
This course provides a self-guided presentation method, allowing the material to be studied in a self-paced training class.
- EV prospect/customer relations and experience
- Automobile manufacturer's charging performance integrity specifications
- EV battery types, specifications, and charging characteristics
- Utility interconnect policies and requirements
- Utility grid stress precautions including demand response integration technologies
- Role of electrical storage devices as charging intermediaries
- Installing, commissioning, and maintaining electric storage devices
- Charging station fundamentals, including brand/model-specific installation instructions for: Level 1: 120 VAC 15 amps; Level 2: 120-240 VAC 60 amps; Level 3: 480 VAC 125 amps or 600 VDC 550 amps
- Integration of electric vehicle infrastructure with distributed generation
- Understanding Internet Protocol (IP) networking of charging stations
- National Electrical Code (NEC) standards and requirements
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 70E and OSHA regulations
- National Electrical Installation Standards (NEIS) for electric vehicle equipment
- First responder safety and fire hazard measures
- Next Generation Charging
- EVSE Troubleshooting, Repair and Commissioning
This is an online course.
Cost: Free to Local 212 members and contractors
Materials: A 2020 NEC Code Book. These can be purchased from the JATC.
Register: Click on Class Fees/Registration and choose EVITP from the drop down.